Let’s cut to the chase, here's a list of 11.5 things you MUST implement to maximise your BFCM profit in 2022.
Wishing you an incredible Black Friday! 💥
Want to see Examples Of Ad Creatives for Black Friday? Go to Point 10.
YOUR BFCM OFFER
The Offer is the most important part of your BFCM Plan.
1 - Prepare Your Black Friday Offer
- Keep it attractive - people want to buy and save / get a good deal.
- Keep it simple - easy to communicate (for your ads, emails and affiliates) & understand for your customers.
BFCM Offer Options:
A | Straight Discount
Example: 20% to 30% (sitewide or on a specific product / collection)
B | Tiered Discount
Example: spend $50 get 10% off, spend $75 get 20% off, spend $100 get 30% off
C | Gift With Purchase
Example: Buy Hoodie & Get a Free T-shirt
D | Exclusive Bundles
Example: 2 for 1
E | Limited Edition Products
Example: Limited Edition (250 pieces) necklace
F | If you DON'T like discounts:
Example: Free Delivery on all orders until XX day
A - Low stock warning
B - Limited stock / X people are looking at this right now
C - Your New Customer Offer valid for XX Days
2 - Plan Offer Duration
Best practice for BFCM offer duration:
A | Exclusivity
Release your offer early to your Email List.
When do you want this to start / end?
B | Main BFCM offer to run over BFCM weekend
Black Friday is on the 25 of November this year.
C | Do you want to:
Start on Friday or earlier?
Finish on Friday, Sunday, another day?
Do you want to communicate Cyber Monday (27th of November?)
YOUR EMAIL MARKETING
3 - Map Your “Own Strategy” - Email & SMS
Key Dates for your Email Campaign Calendar:
- 22nd November Tuesday - VIP Early Access
- 24th of November Thursday - BFCM Early Access Starts
- 25th of November Friday (Black Friday) - BFCM Main Sale Starts
- 26th of November Saturday - Small Business Saturday
- 27th of November Sunday - BFCM Main Sale Ends
- 28th of November Monday - Cyber Monday
- 1st December Thursday - Christmas - Main Push Starts
- Week 5th to 11th of December - Last Day Guaranteed Delivery for Christmas
- 20th of December Tuesday - Shipping Deadline
- 25th of December Sunday - Christmas
- 26th of December Monday - Boxing Day - EOY Clearance
- 1st of January 2023 Sunday - Winter / New Year Sale Starts - you can start thinking about Blue Monday
4 - Segment Your Email Subscriber Lists
Make sure you segment at least customers who:
- Never Purchased
- Purchased (you can dive deeper here, example: Casual Customers, Lapsed Customers)
5 - Plan Your Email & SMS Campaigns
List of Email Campaigns we recommend to maximize your profits:
Email Campaigns List - November 2022
- Black Friday Teaser - 21st of November, Monday
- VIP Early Access - 22nd of November, Tuesday
- Black Friday Early Access - 24th of November, Friday
- Black Friday Sale Start, Reminder, End - 25th - 27th of November, Friday to Sunday
- Cyber Monday Start, Reminder, End - 28th - 29th of November, Monday - Tuesday
- "Thank You from the Founder" - 29th of November
Email Campaigns List - December 2022
- Last Day Guaranteed Delivery - around the 6th of December
- Christmas Shipping Deadline - around the 20th of December
- Christmas / Boxing Day Sale - 25th - 26th of December, Sunday - Monday
6 - Q&A Your Online Store
Make sure your website works well (do it yourself or ask for help from the team, or even friends).
During this Q&A you will most likely find things like broken links, incorrectly sized images, outdated content, etc.
7 - Create BFCM Version Of Your Site
- Edit messaging to have content showcasing your offers.
- Make the main CTA lead to a collection with your offer.
- Edit your banner to contain promo messaging.
- Change your pop-ups to communicate offer.
- if needed, change email flow too.
If you will not do the points above (I know it’s a lot of work) - I can assure you, that your conversion rate will dramatically drop. And we do not want that.